This course has been developed by Jon Hutchinson and Ed Vainker at Reach Academy Feltham. The course is a seven hour self-study unit exploring the seven questions that we believe subject leaders at Primary need to answer for their teachers.
Each module explores a question that subject leaders need to answer to foster excellence in the subject at their school:
• How do pupils learn?
• What is the purpose of curriculum?
• How do you define and communicate the intended curriculum?
• How can curriculum materials support with implementing agreed aims?
• How should teachers enact the curriculum?
• How should we assess different curriculum areas?
• How can we support staff to develop their curriculum understanding and delivery?
This course is aimed at Primary subject leaders and aspiring subject leaders. It is appropriate for schools using the Reach / Pearson curriculum and those using other curriculum resources.
Click here to watch a short video by Jon Hutchinson talking about this new primary curriculum leadership course