28 September 2023 at 16:00-18:00 BST
During this event delegates will create a branding project that explores the design principles of ‘contrast’ and ‘repetition’. Delegates will learn to make materials on Adobe Illustrator that support their students exploring creative digital tools within Graphic Communication portfolios.
Please note: Delegates will need basic computer skills for this session and access to both Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
During the event, delegates will:
• learn to navigate Adobe Illustrator’s workspace
• use the Type, Pen, Pencil, Eraser and Pathfinder tools to create bespoke fonts
• draw, edit, and modify paths, including understanding Bezier curves
• trace and colour hand-drawn lettering
• create lettering and patterns with the Shape tool
• modify shapes with Pathfinder and Shape Builder
• explore the Pattern tool to make a repeating pattern
• animate logos using Photoshop’s Timeline tool
• present a completed logo and packaging design.
Delegates should come away with a comprehensive understanding of the fundamental tools in Illustrator and an ability to support their students exploring these tools.
Please note: as this session may be repeated, and to ensure recorded content is not accessed by undisclosed third parties, it is Pearson’s policy not to share recordings for paid training events.
This event can count as 2 hours of CPD.
You will receive an e-certificate by email, post attendance.