7 March 2023 at 13:00-15:00 GMT
This online training is designed for teachers who are delivering the Pearson Edexcel International GCSE Chemistry specification.
This training will give you an understanding of how assessments are structured for the qualification and how your teaching can be adapted to help your students’ performance on examination papers.
The training is comprised of two 'standalone' modules which are booked separately.
In Module 1, delegates will:
- Be introduced to the idea of assessment objectives: what are they and why they are used when writing examination papers
- Analyse recent question papers and learn which types of questions match the different assessment objectives
- Investigate different assessment objectives, concentrating on AO2 in this module, considering how questions have been answered by looking at feedback from the previous exam series.
- Discuss strategies for teaching to help students access questions targeting different assessment objectives
- Review the support Pearson offers for the qualification
- Network, discuss best practice and share ideas with other teachers
The content of this training is based on the reformed specifications for first teaching from September 2018.
This training can count as 2 hours of CPD. You will receive an e-certificate by email, post attendance.
Please note: As this session may be repeated, and to ensure recorded content is not accessed by undisclosed third parties, it is Pearson’s policy not to share recordings for paid training events.